Electronic “documents under FOI: A guide through the maze
Lunchtime webinar session
The electronic storage of information has become an ever increasing phenomenon in recent decades.
Agencies are increasingly moving towards use of electronic document management systems, not just for storing electronically created records, but for scanning and storing hard copy documents as well.
There is much confusion and inconsistency within and between agencies as to how the FOI Act applies to electronically stored documents and information.
This session will assist FOI officers and decision-makers to grapple with a number of issues which arise from applicants seeking access under the FOI Act to electronically stored information and documents including:
- what are electronic “documents” and how are they covered by the FOI Act?
- what form of access can be given?
- how do you work out access charges?
Who should attend?
- staff handling FOI requests
- managers of FOI decision making functions within Victorian agencies
- records managers / officers
The webinar will be conducted using WebEx (end to end encryption). For information about how this will work, click here for FAQs.