How to treat agency staff personal affairs information under FOI
Morning videoconference session
- When is information about agency staff “personal affairs” information?
- What information about agency staff is considered unreasonable to disclose?
- Does it matter that your agency does not have staff with a VPS classification?
- What do the most recent cases say? Are they correct?
In recent years, there have been a number of VCAT cases which have clarified the essential components of how to apply the personal affairs exemption in s 33 of the Victorian FOI Act.
The session will provide an up-to date, essential guide for FOI decision makers in Victoria covering:
- recent VCAT decision trends about the personal affairs exemption
- uncertainty that exists about the s 33 exemption to be aware of in your daily decision-making
- when is information about staff personal affairs information
- when is disclosure unreasonable? Are there any easy rules?
You cannot afford to miss out on this essential session presented by Mick Batskos, Executive Director of FOI Solutions. Have all your questions about the application of s 33 answered.
The videoconference will be conducted using WebEx (end to end encryption). For information about how this will work, click here for FAQs.