FOI & Privacy Intensive 2020
We have compiled a webinar program comprising 5 of our popular FOI and privacy sessions on:
- Recent trends in the personal affairs exemption
- Tackling the challenges of 3rd party consultation
- FOI Professional Standards: are you complying?
- Privacy outline and refresher
- Data breach notification
These sessions are being presented as 5 x 1 hour webinars spread over 2 weeks. For each session, you will be able to ask questions before, during and after the session with brief written answers being provided within 3 days of the session.
Details of what is covered in each session are:
Recent trends in the personal affairs exemption: Monday, 17 August 2020, 9.30am – 10.30am
- “personal affairs” of agency staff
- “personal affairs” of others
- recent case illustrations
- recent trends by OVIC and VCAT
Tackling the challenges of 3rd party consultation: Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 10.00am – 11.00am
- when and who to consult
- how to consult
- exceptions to consulting
- reverse FOI rights
- privacy risks associated
- practical tips and decided cases
FOI Professional Standards: are you complying? Tuesday, 25 August 2020, 9.30am – 10.30am
- what the Standards mean
- how they impact on processing
- broader impacts of the Standards
- who is responsible for compliance?
- risks of non-compliance
- practical problems/solutions
Privacy outline and refresher: Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 9.30am – 10.30am
- what is covered by privacy legislation – personal and health information
- what is not covered
- outline of main privacy principles
- interference with privacy
- enforcement and remedies
Data breach notification: Friday, 28 August 2020, 10.00am – 11.00am
- Commonwealth law requirements – do they apply to you?
- Victorian law requirements
- Practical tips to help you decide what to do
- How to ensure your organisation is ready
You can register on this web page to complete all 5 sessions, or you can register for individual sessions that may be more relevant or sound more interesting to you. If you want to register for individual sessions, please return to the list of training sessions and book into those most relevant to you.
The webinars will be conducted using WebEx (end to end encryption). For information about how this will work, click here for FAQs.