FOI Training Intermediate
Our most popular training session for all FOI decision-makers and managers from absolute beginners to experts. Now including Professional Standards amendments.
Learn all the practical knowledge you need about exemptions, when partial access is required, statements of reasons, complemented by extensive workshops to consolidate knowledge.
This training has been done by thousands of FOI officers in Victoria over decades and is conducted by Mick Batskos, Executive Director, with over 32 years experience in dealing with the Victorian FOI Act. Be quick to register – these sessions sell out extremely quickly. Early bird discount of 10% if booking by 8 April 2020
Practical Training Workshop
FOI Solutions is again providing training for FOI officers and decision-makers under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).
This will be done through practical training workshops developed and presented by Mick Batskos, Executive Director of FOI Solutions.
Who should attend?
• All decision-makers under the FOI Act (Vic) in Government Departments and agencies, including Councils
• Those managing or assisting decision makers.
Intermediate workshop training (including afternoon tea)
Topics covered in details include:
- Statement of reasons
- Interrelationship between FOI Act and other access regimes and legislation (eg health records, privacy)
- Interrelationship between FOI Act and various legal processes (eg discovery)
- Additional sources of information
- Workshop problems
- Questions and answers