FOI Training Basic
Our most popular training session for all FOI decision-makers and managers from absolute beginners to experts. Now including Professional Standards amendments.
Learn all the practical knowledge you need about processing FOI requests from receiving requests, assessing validity, refusing without processing, deposits and access charges, managing workflows, complemented by extensive workshops to consolidate knowledge.
This training has been done by thousands of FOI officers in Victoria over decades and is conducted by Mick Batskos, Executive Director, with over 32 years experience in dealing with the Victorian FOI Act. Be quick to register – these sessions sell out extremely quickly. Early bird discount of 10% if booking by 8 April 2020
Practical Training Workshop
FOI Solutions is again providing training for FOI officers and decision-makers under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).
This will be done through practical training workshops developed and presented by Mick Batskos, Executive Director of FOI Solutions.
Who should attend?
• All decision-makers under the FOI Act (Vic) in Government Departments and agencies, including Councils
• Those managing or assisting decision make
Basic workshop training (including morning tea)
Topics covered in details include:
- Why we have an FOI Act
- What to do when a request is received
- When can you refuse to process a request
- Fees and charges
- Time limits, decisions and FOI Commissioner review
- Amendments of personal records
- Workshop problems
- Questions and answers